Call for Papers
Hintikka, Logic, and Philosophy
Department of Philosophy, Peking University
Institute of Foreign Philosophy, Peking University
Creation Project of Graduate Education, Peking University
Time: August 21-23, 2018
Size: About 50 participants, including at least 5 PHD students.
Working Language: English
- Professor Ilkka Niiniluoto (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Professor Gabriel Sandu (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Professor Simo Knuuttila (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Professor Dagfinn Føllesdal (University of Stanford, USA; University of Oslo, Norway)
- Professor Johan van Benthem (University of Stanford, USA; University of Amsterdam, Netherland)
- Professor John Symons (University of Kansas, USA)
- Professor Joseph Almog (University of Turku, Finland)
- Professor Tero Tulenheimo (Université de Lille 3 Charles de Gaulle, France)
- Professor Chen Bo (Peking University, China)
In memory of Jaakko Hintikka (1929-2015), one of outstanding logicians and philosophers in the 20th century.
- Hintikka’s Contribution to Logic and Issues in Contemporary Logic;
- Hintikka’s Contribution to Philosophy and Issues in Contemporary Philosophy;
- And so on.
- The invited talks will last for 40 minutes, including discussion.
- The contributed talks will last for 30 minutes, including discussion, and will be divided into two groups: logic, and philosophy.
Registration fee and accommodation:
w No registration fee. The conference will provide three days (August 20-22) of accommodation for all registered participants of the conference. We will also provide one day (August 23) of sightseeing in Beijing and one more day accommodation for all overseas scholars of the conference. That is to say, the conference will offer 4 days accommodation for all overseas scholars of the conference. Every participant has to cover her/his own airfare.
Submission Guideline: We welcome papers in all themes listed above.
--- Title and abstract submission: March 30, 2018.
--- Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2018
--- Acceptance notification: before July 10, 2018
--- Please submit final papers IN Microsoft Word or Latex (with source document) by email to the secretary of the conference, Miss HU Lanshuang email@example.com
--- Please WRITE ‘Conference Paper Submission’ as the subject of your email.
--- Please include in a separate document a cover sheet containing your name, affiliation, email address, contact telephone number and the title of your paper.
--- For all enquiries please email
Miss HU Lanshuang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. CHEN Bo at email@example.com